Review of AD Aerospace’s 2022
Whilst this year has had its challenges for the whole industry, AD Aerospace has had a series of excellent successes as we continue to support both our British and global partners as their fleets take to the skies again.
As a UK based family owned SME, we are proud to be able to continue to support our OEM, lessors and airline customers as the industry bounces back from the Covid-19 Pandemic.
A few of our highlights are provided below.
- AD exhibited for the first time at Aircraft Interiors Expo (AIX) in Hamburg where we exhibited our existing product range (including the latest IP full HD system), as well as concepts for our future offering including 4k cameras with integrated server capability and large touchscreen cabin monitor. We will be exhibiting again next year and look forward to catching up with our partners there once again.
- The AD Aerospace B737 MAX Flight Deck Entry Video Surveillance System (FDEVSS) was selected by several lessors to form part of their baseline configurations. We are set to support over 100x new B737 MAX aircraft.
- The AD Aerospace B737 MAX FDEVSS was selected by an exciting start-up airline located in a new market for us.
- Our retro-fit Cockpit Door Surveillance Solution (CDSS), and the Skycam CDSS system, continue to prove popular for both airlines and lessors operating under EASA rules. We have supported over 20x aircraft with retro-fit CDSS over the last year.
- Alongside our DOA partner, STC Twenty One Limited, AD Aerospace delivered a new CDSS modification for the Avro RJ100 aircraft.
- Our support of the helicopter market has expanded to now also include our HD-SDI external camera, the FV-0361. We are excited to be involved in bespoke applications involving firefighting, special missions and SAR.
- As EASA strengthens its requirements for on-board Automated External Defibrillators (AEDs) we have committed to continuing our support for the provision of this life saving equipment.
- We continue to support the increasing production rates of the Airbus A220 via our partner CMC Electronics in Canada.
- Following COMACs first delivery of its flagship C919 we continue to support their line fit installations with our IP full HD aircraft video surveillance system.
- The in-house designed CAM2020 internal camera module was successfully added to our FV-0413 camera for the A220 and FV-0315 external camera for helicopter installations.
- Qualification testing has been completed for the new FV-0346-2 camera fairing assembly for the Boeing 767 KC-46 Tanker. We are now working hard to have the remaining documents approved prior to delivery of production units.
- For the Boeing 747 Large Cargo Freighter (LCF), we designed a replacement housing and camera to replace the existing FV-0110 camera.
- We have begun design on a new 4K external camera for a range of future applications. More to come in 2023 on this!
We hope for a similar 2023 and look forward to working with all our partners as the industry continues to bounce back over the coming years.